Thursday, April 1, 2010

101 in 1001 - Status Update 4/1/10

Can I just start by saying, I totally would have peed on Tiger Woods for $10 million? Yes? Ok, good. I wanted my intentions known.


I know everyone is expecting this to be an April Fool's post, but nope. I'm lame this year. No pranks. No items in jello. No offices filled with balloons, no keyboards messed with, no aluminum foil, no cakes, no pregnancy scares. I did have a great idea but it was siderailed by circumstances beyond my control. I'll do it next year.


Anywhore.


Let's list out the progress:


1. Donate to every charity that asks - At a Build-A-Bear b-day party they asked if I would donate a dollar for their children's charity. So, of course, I said yes. Not much, but it will be adding up to alot by end of 2012. (Total: $26)


21. Have family dinner 6 times a month - I did better this last week. Except there was a night I had dinner with B and her friend, Maya. They were so gross, I had to leave the table. Makes me realize this is really important for my daughters to be polite, civilized children.


33. Go to 25 live sport events - I took B and Maya to the UNR Womens' Softball game. It was a pretty inexpensive fun outing, if a bit cold. Very small-town atmosphere. And, seriously, the ONLY time I don't bring my mit to the field? And a homer is hit RIGHT AT ME. More evidence of my suckage.


34. Read a new author - I FINALLY read The Golden Cord by Paul Genesse, my high school chum. It is a fantasy, and the world he created was fantastic. This series is very reminiscent of The Hobbit, but the world is so unique, you get that comparison only fleetingly. It is so very good. I have his second novel sitting on my shelf. I will be reading it soon.


48. Make a latte as good as Starbucks - I am not quite there, but it is pretty damn close. And it is at work. We are lucky to have a large, powerful espresso machine. That helps. Now, I just have to perfect it at home with my teeny, wussy espresso machine.


And that's what I have accomplished this last week.


Doesn't seem like much. I really need to apply myself more towards the one-item goals, so I can start really cleaning off this list. One I am hoping to check off is snowboarding this weekend. I have a feeling I will probably hate myself at about 10am on Saturday morning.


And to finish, I would like to leave you with this lovely piece of happiness.

No comments:

Post a Comment