Thursday, June 3, 2010

Heat

It has finally come. This morning, I almost lost it. I looked out the windows and saw a cloudy low-hanging sky. It was wispy on the mountains and all I could think was, "It's gonna FUCKING snow."

I was pissed. PISSED. I layered up. I brushed my hair furiously. My teeth were not spared in the brutal assault. I almost kicked the cat. I stomped outside hoping something else would present itself for a well-placed kick...

And it was balmy. BALMY!

Woohoo!!!

Today at lunch, a coworker and I walked to our respective banks. Spent about 45 mins outside. And I got kinda sweaty. My soul rejoices in the warmth. Albeit, so do my sweat glands. But mainly, my soul!

Rejoice with me. Just don't smell me.

1 comment:

  1. OMG. Where do you live? I live in Canada and it's been hot for weeks now. I'm actually trying to make the white-girl afro come into vogue.

    ReplyDelete