Friday, February 5, 2010

TGIFuck me

I am sure everyone has seen that list of observations that has this listed:

"There is a certain point during the day when you know you will quit being productive."

I think I hit this point before I even woke up.

(Which was at 4:30 am. I almost came in wearing glasses and no make-up. But thanks to all the flak I got for getting contacts, I am kinda leery about ever wearing glasses in public again. When your VP of Operations stops mid-discussion and says, "Wow, you have beautiful eyes", you just can't go back. It is the final nail in the lazy coffin.)

Anywhore.

So, today? I'm lollygaggy. I wanna lose myself into a nice complex spreadsheet so rife with formulas you'd need Excel Superpowers to operate it, but instead, I am stagnant in report running, JE pulling, tea making, bubble chewing swamp of non-excel activities. Somedays I really miss a more physical job. I've had a few and being physically tired at the end of a day is somewhat more rewarding that mentally tired. But I am WAY better at the mental activites. Anyone who's seen me play softball can attest.

Also, I have "Never Gonna Give you up" stuck in my head thanks to that douche nugget, Kurt.

I could have had this amazing song, I heard this morning by Jaron and The Long Road to Love called Pray For You.

Here's the chorus:

I pray your brakes go out runnin’ down a hill
I pray a flowerpot falls from a window sill and knocks you in the head like I’d like to
I pray your birthday comes and nobody calls
I pray you’re flyin’ high when your engine stalls
I pray all your dreams never come true
Just know whereever you are honey, I pray for you

Mind you this SOUNDS like a cutesy romantic ballad but is aptly chock full of homicidal tendencies.

But no.

I have:

Never gonna give you up,
Never gonna let you down,
Never gonna run around and desert you,
Never gonna make you cry,
Never gonna say goodbye,
Never gonna tell a lie and hurt you

Please.
Kill.
Me.

No comments:

Post a Comment