Friday, March 11, 2011

I Think My Ass Is Numb; aka Paperless Has Made My Office Chair Cry

We have a new process at work. We are now paperless. Woot, Woot!

Why "woot, woot!" you say? It means that everything I need is accessible from my computer. When I make Journal Entries, there is no getting up to get the print-outs. When I need to research an invoice or line item? I don't get up, because it is all stored electronically.

I have been pushing for this since I started and just a couple of months ago, it was approved and just recently implemented.

And now? My ass and feet are perpetually numb. Because I never get up. Unless it is to chitchat. Which looks kinda bad, but I figure at this point, medically necessary. At least, that's what I tell my boss.

So I need some ideas on why to exit my seat. I can drink more water and pee more, but after awhile? All that peeing gets lame.

Do any of you have any ideas?

1 comment:

  1. I hadn't actually thought about that side effect. I'm starting to take my laptop to different places in the building and taking walks at lunch or when I get some time in the afternoon. Other thing is that a lot of people have these ergo desks that raise and lower. I'll have to keep this in mind when we move next year.

    ps. I heart you, crazy mama ;)

    ReplyDelete