Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Polar Bear Plunge 2010

It is that time of year again, where my friend, Ted, jumps into icy waters. And I support him from afar. Because there is no way in hell I will EVER jump into freezing waters. Ever. Did I say never? Never ever.

Anyways.

Here's his page.

2 years ago, I helped in the only way I know how. Promotion and camera-holding. I even stood in the snow that covered the beach and was 2 feet from the water. So. Cold. I kinda sucked at camera-holding. I had pushed record, thinking I had disengaged record. So when the big moment came, I "engaged" record, thus turning it off. I know. Lame. But I rocked the promoting. I had newpaper reporters on scene and even got a local TV station to air him jumping into Sparks Marina amidst myriad goose fecal matter the Thursday before the real plunge. So he plunged twice in one week. I think his testicles finally descended mid-May. Did I mention he made a comment on this side affect on live TV with Danita Cohen? Right. Awesome.

So it is that time again. I will be absent again this year, because I promised I would attempt snowboarding before I remembered that the Plunge was this weekend.

So donate. I did, not just because I always do, but also because it is one of my 101 goals. He asked, and of course I will comply. If you have a fundraising page, lemme know.

Otherwise, shuck some money his way.

No comments:

Post a Comment